Dr. Robert Nelson joined Eastern Oklahoma Ear, Nose and Throat in 1979. In June of 2016, he retired after nearly 40 years of service.
He graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. He did his surgery and otolaryngology residency and a fellowship program at the University of California. He is Board certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also a member of The American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy.
He has been awarded the American Medical Association’s Physicians Recognition Award in Otolaryngology. He has served on the Oklahoma State Board of Audiology and Speech Pathology and is Past President of Physicians Inc., an independent practice association.
Dr. Nelson is a member of the American Medical Association, the Oklahoma State Medical Association, the Tulsa County Medical Society and the Oklahoma Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He has twice served as President of the Department of Otolaryngology at Saint Francis Hospital, most recently in 2004.
Oklahoma State University, BS, 1969 Stillwater, Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, 1973 Oklahoma City
Post Graduate Training
- University of California, Davis School of Medicine Department of Surgery, General Surgery Internship, 1973-74
- University of California, Davis School of Medicine Department of Surgery Resident in General Surgery, 1974-75
- University of California, Davis School of Medicine Resident in Otorhinolaryngology
- Fellowship in Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow International College of Surgeons
- Fellow American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Oklahoma Academy of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Past president of the Oklahoma Academy of Otolaryngology